Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
BUSINESS AND MARKETING:Business and Marketing ForumBusiness and Marketing ArticlesBusiness and Marketing Podcasts

Re: Avid says No to NAB 2008

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Proper ModulationRe: Avid says No to NAB 2008
by on Nov 15, 2007 at 3:24:02 pm

Comparing an online forum's traffic to NAB's traffic (and it's subsequent relevance to Avid) was kind of a strange comparison and I'm not sure what point it really galvanized.

That Avid can focus it's resources better?

By preaching to the faithful? The "faithful" is one by one getting replaced by Apple savvy kids. The kinda kids that were at Apple's booth in LEGION at the last NAB.

I've been to NAB TWICE in my life...once in 1997 and once in 2007.

The decade long break was a excellent chance to see very clearly how much our industry has changed.

I'm not going to get into what's better, FCP or AVID, because that's really a moot point.

What I saw at NAB was a pep rally for Apple...THOUSANDS of guys younger than me (I'm 32) crowded around the Apple booth salivating...interested....knowledgeable....wanting aboard FCP.

Avid? Not so much.

Much like how Toyota and Honda planted the seed thirty+ years ago amongst young and thrifty Americans that their vehicles were cheap, good and reliable, Apple has done the same thing. It's a branding juggernaut that young people identify with and are GROWING UP WITH.

Avid? Not so much.

Say what you will about young editors, roll your eyes at the perceived lack of "pro" work FCP can handle or keep convincing yourself that the industry will stay the way it is forever, but fact is, the young guys crowding around FCP's booth last year are THE FUTURE and arguably the PRESENT.

Avid is taking YET ANOTHER step to remove themselves from the future and dig themselves deeper into the ESTABLISHED market that thinks Avid can do know wrong and would never fathom FCP as an alternate. That crowd is going the way of the dinosaur wether we like it or not.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]