Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
BUSINESS AND MARKETING:Business and Marketing ForumBusiness and Marketing ArticlesBusiness and Marketing Podcasts

Re: Avid says No to NAB 2008

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

walter biscardiRe: Avid says No to NAB 2008
by on Nov 15, 2007 at 2:40:03 pm

[Ron Lindeboom] "Already gone are a long list of shows like Showbiz Expo (that had been a Hollywood cornerstone for years and years), gone also are the NY DV Show and LA DV Show, Videomaker gave up their show a few years back, the DVD Tech Expo is gone, DV Expo is a 20% to 25% of what it once was at its peak, Siggraph continues to get smaller and smaller each year, NAB is shrinking in both size and importance, and the list could go on and on..."

I personally think all of these other shows realized that there's really no need for any other trade show than NAB in the States. I also believe most of the companies who were on the show floors realized this too.

NAB will most definitely shrink in size, but it is the one show that "if I can only go to one show this year" it's going to be NAB. There's nothing else like it (except IBC) where you can truly see just about everything in one location.

For a major company to simply pull up stakes and say "See we saved $2 million!" just tells me they spent way too much money on their booth all these years. The NAB show floor is not about having the largest booth and (in Avid's case) the loudest booth. It's about having "boots on the ground" so the end customer can put a face to a company.

A smarter marketing plan would have been to scale back the footprint to something more modest while also running a hospitality suite for their larger clients.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR
The new Color Training DVD now available from the Creative Cow!

Read my Blog!

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]