Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
BUSINESS AND MARKETING:Business and Marketing ForumBusiness and Marketing ArticlesBusiness and Marketing Podcasts

Re: Music Rights and internal communication

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bob ColeRe: Music Rights and internal communication
by on Nov 16, 2005 at 3:21:41 am

[Frank Otto] "Bulidings, such as Grauman's/Mann's/whoever Chinese Theater, The Flat Iron Building, The Gugginheim are copyrighed and trademarked."

otoh, check this out:

http://www.swlearning.com/blaw/cases/rock_and.html

It is all very confusing. I agree with your sentiments entirely. The use of copyright and trademark law is oppressive.

My personal example: for a documentary I wanted to illustrate the concept that American culture has world-wide impact. Some corporations were happy to help, and sent me images of their products being used by ordinary people around the world. But one corporation sent me a letter threatening legal action if I used a shot of a man in China wearing a sweatshirt with their cartoon figure on it. It worked; I didn't use the shot. Who needs trouble? But I sure won't be going to their amusement parks anytime soon....

I've suggested this before for the COW, but I would still love to see a forum on law as it relates to filmmaking. We need a place to pool our knowledge. Is there such a forum anywhere?

-- BC

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]