Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
BUSINESS AND MARKETING:Business and Marketing ForumBusiness and Marketing ArticlesBusiness and Marketing Podcasts

Re: Joining local chamber of commerce

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

foleyvideoRe: Joining local chamber of commerce
by on Oct 14, 2005 at 3:22:25 am

OK I'm going to be the spoiler here. I am willing to be the messenger everyone is going to want to kill -- but I will give you my pithy wisdom -- take it or leave it.

Joining the Chamber of Commerce is NOT worth it. I've been in business over 10 years -- and before that I spent 17 years in broadcasting -- knew every business owner in town, etc. --- I joined the Chamber -- went to their events -- mixed and mingled and handed out tons of business cards. The result? ZIP. Time wasted. Money out the door. Same story for many of my competitors. Who knows why? I used to wonder, but finally gave up and invested that Chamber dues money into a better yellow pages ad. THAT worked.

Flame me all you want -- but in my humble experience a good yellow page ad is MUCH more valuable than shaking hands at the chamber. Maybe it's because the REAL movers and shakers don't have TIME to mess around with the chamber?? Most of my biggest clients are not and will never be chamber members. They don't see the value in it either.

Those are my sour grapes. Fire away.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]