Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AUDITION, SOUNDBOOTH:ForumTutorialsTagAuditionSoundbooth

Aproach to sound editing

COW Forums : Adobe Audition, Soundbooth

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Lou WilliamsAproach to sound editing
by on Jun 20, 2012 at 11:48:05 am

Folks,

I am working on a rather long film project and need a bit advice on how to attack the sound portion of this effort. The actors are long gone so whatever sound I have will basically have to do. Since much of this material is all over the place sonically I am looking for a recommended approach. My immediate concern is the dialog. I know I have to level out this sound but am bit confused on the best methodology. For example should I just adjust the track levels, should I just add gain to the individual clips, or should I select the whole timeline and normalize it? What level do I normalize to? Do I EQ the whole timeline and exactly what does that mean? Of course there are unwanted hums, clicks random noises so when should I add filters to eliminate these annoyances, prior to the previously mentioned efforts or after?
I am currently using Creative Suite 6 Production Premium so my next question is how much do I do Premiere as appose to Audition? Should I just get the basic audio tracks edited and perform all the sound work in Audition?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated

Lou

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:
  • Aproach to sound editing by Lou Williams on Jun 20, 2012 at 11:48:05 am

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]