Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE AUDITION, SOUNDBOOTH:ForumTutorialsTagAuditionSoundbooth

5.1 Not Working

COW Forums : Adobe Audition, Soundbooth

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Zack Hosseini5.1 Not Working
by on May 26, 2012 at 11:10:19 pm

Hello,

I'm somewhat new to Audition and I recently set up 5.1 surround sound in my basement. The surround sound system works with DVDs and playing videos with 5.1 SS audio from my Macbook Pro, so I know the system is set up properly.

However, when I make something in 5.1 in Audition and try to play it, the rear speakers don't work. When I try to play audio I panned to either of the rear speakers, nothing plays. But when I play videos I know have 5.1 audio (movies and such), the rear speakers work fine. So it must be something I'm doing wrong in Audition. Even when I export the mixdown, it doesn't work. All my tracks are panned to the according speakers and my master track is set to 5.1 output.

When I export, I use .aiff.

I'm using Adobe Audition CS5 with a mid 2010 Macbook Pro that is connected to my A/V receiver via a Toslink cable.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you,

---------------
Zack Hosseini
http://www.ZackHosseiniFilms.com
Zack@ZackHosseiniFilms.com

"When all else fails, look for presets!"

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:
  • 5.1 Not Working by Zack Hosseini on May 26, 2012 at 11:10:19 pm