Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
HDV FORMAT:HDV Format ForumTutorialsApple FCP ForumAdobe Premiere Pro ForumSony Vegas Forum

Re: What is the best HDV camera on the market now?

COW Forums : HDV Format

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Stuart NimmoRe: What is the best HDV camera on the market now?
by on Jun 20, 2008 at 10:46:44 pm

Well, HD/ HDV is not something to dive into anyway. You do need to find out what your needs are, why you need it, if you really need it and why you wish you hadn't bought it! What you say is true of all good cameras.

I will have one last dig at Sony and say that they appear to be targeting technofreaks who 'have to have it' simply because it's there and apparently the latest thing. Like Microsoft they appear to have adopted the "sell it, let the punters identify the problems and release MKII, which by definition the same technofreaks who 'have to have it ... simply because it's there and apparently the latest thing.... Will buy it again.

The advice from an old lag is OK. Do you actually need it? Have you been cynical enough to search threads for the negative aspects of the gear you "must have"? If not, stay away until you have.

TRUE COST....

What percentage of buyers leap into HDV without knowing the true cost of it all? The computer/ hard drive/ and edit software upgrades? I would hazard a guess and say most don't understand the implications of cost or compatibility.

I stick with my answer, no, the JVC site is very clear. The JVC ProHD series is admirably explained and aimed at very specific users, with the appreciated idea that you are only sold what you actually need.

If you don't know what you need, you are not a "Pro". Nothing wrong with that, you just go for one of the more appropriate cameras.

If you don't understand the real dangers of CMOS/ Rolling shutter cameras then back off, if you want true 24p, buy it, not a 24f lookalike.

The original question was " What is the best HDV camera on the market now?" We've identified that as a "how long is a piece of string?" a "How much does it cost to make a documentary?" question. The answer to this one is once you've learned how to write and plan a shoot, got an end user with a budget and once you have firmed it all up, the answer to the question is "the one you actually need and can actually afford".

http://www.GluedTo.Tv

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]