Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
HDV FORMAT:HDV Format ForumTutorialsApple FCP ForumAdobe Premiere Pro ForumSony Vegas Forum

Re: What is the best HDV camera on the market now?

COW Forums : HDV Format

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Justin WhitneyRe: What is the best HDV camera on the market now?
by on Jun 18, 2008 at 5:45:16 am

This thread is exactly what I've been looking for - right subject at the right time. I appreciate the great answers. Mind if I post a follow-up question?

I'm looking for similar - HD, 1080. But I'll be shooting primarily short films, with some promo videos on the side. So I'm definitely looking for that "film look".

The Z7U was looking really interesting to me until I read some horror stories in other forums, primarily having to do with focus problems and out of syncness when recording to tape and compact simultaneously. But I'm still curious about it. Would it be a good choice for narrative film? I'd like to have one camera flexible enough for everything from interview-style static shots to low light action sequences.

The Z7U is in the right price range. I also like the dual compact/tape recording (if it works), and especially the interchangeable lens, which puts it ahead of the HVX200 for me.

Thanks.

Justin Whitney
http://www.justinwhitney.com

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]