Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
HDV FORMAT:HDV Format ForumTutorialsApple FCP ForumAdobe Premiere Pro ForumSony Vegas Forum

Re: What is the best HDV camera on the market now?

COW Forums : HDV Format

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

nick detomasoRe: What is the best HDV camera on the market now?
by on Jun 3, 2008 at 9:31:16 pm

I finally made a hdv purchase after years of sd production. I was using a jvc gy-dv500u and loved the performance and resolution. Before that I shot on Betacam Sp with a uvw-100.

I decided to try the sony fx1 because it's relatively cheap, still shoots DV and looks like a professional camera.

Guess what, it is a professional camera! I even got away using a simple xlr adapter I made up for the cost of a capacitor to record from my shotgun.

The ease of use is unbelievable, as is the performance. I shot an event in sd dv on complete auto and it is stunning. I had the camera on a monopod- what a fun experience after lugging around a shoulder mounted camera for half of my life.

And I never even needed to recharge the 3 standard l series batteries, which all fit comfortably in my pocket.

I even bought a very cheap sima led camera lite for $40 which worked just right for the low light stuff.

Try one, you'll love it

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]