Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
HDV FORMAT:HDV Format ForumTutorialsApple FCP ForumAdobe Premiere Pro ForumSony Vegas Forum

HDV & DV to Intel Mac without iMovie and FCP

COW Forums : HDV Format

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dave ShieldsHDV & DV to Intel Mac without iMovie and FCP
by on Feb 14, 2008 at 5:55:11 am

Hello all,

I have a large library of (older) DV tapes and (newer) HDV tapes and a Sony HDR-HC1 HDV camera.

I formerly used FCP (v3) on a PowerBook and capture the 13G tapes to disk and make DVDs for my family. I haven't had time to do that in years, though.

Now, however, I would like to transfer all the DV and HDV tapes to disk in native format (with full timecode, etc., for future use in FCP). Is there simple software I can use to do that? I definitely do not want to install iLife (I have Aperture, FCP, Logic Pro, Adobe CS3, etc., in various versions so I have absolutely no need for iLife), but would love to know if there is a lightweight application simply for (H)DV to hard drive capture. I spent some time browsing this forum (and others) and looking through VersionTracker and didn't really see anything very applicable except for "VideoPier" which looked promising but is beta software.

My hardware is a MacBook Pro with a LaCie external RAID (FW800 and eSATA).

Thanks!

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]