Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
HDV FORMAT:HDV Format ForumTutorialsApple FCP ForumAdobe Premiere Pro ForumSony Vegas Forum

Re: HVR-V1U and HDCP?

COW Forums : HDV Format

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

JohnRe: HVR-V1U and HDCP?
by on Mar 1, 2007 at 6:29:44 pm

[Ian Williamson] "I noticed this on my first stage day using the V1. I brought a 24" 1920x1200 LCD as a viewing monitor and plugged it into the V1 via HDMI. The picture looked great, but it was only 720x480. Nothing we could do would get the HDMI to output full res. "

Ian.. are you sure that the downconverted res is 720x480? If it is SD res, and your monitor is showing pixel for pixel (i.e. not scaling), then the image should look somewhat distorted due to the fact that 720x480 is neither 16:9 or 4:3 (due to rectaglular pixels). When I hook up my V1u to my cinema projector (see other post), I too get a downsampled image when the projector is in 'native' mode. This happens with both the HDMI and component (analog) output from the V1. But.. the image is not distorted, and when I try to count pixels, it looks more like the image is 960x540 (i.e. 50% of 1920x1080).

I'm not saying that there isn't a problem with Sony's HDMI output on this camera, just that I don't see a difference between component and digital HDMI output in terms of scaling. You might try the same test (if you can) and report back.

BTW.. I talked to a sales rep from Convergent Design, the makers of the new HD-Connect MI HDMI to HD-SDI converter. He swears that they have been getting 1080i60 out of the V1U over HDMI into their box and that they've tested it thoroughly. What they don't appear to be able to do yet is 1080p24. I will have one of these boxes tomorrow to play with. I'll report back if I discover anything useful.

John Christensen
cdesign@airmail.net

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]