Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
HDV FORMAT:HDV Format ForumTutorialsApple FCP ForumAdobe Premiere Pro ForumSony Vegas Forum

HVR-V1U and HDCP?

COW Forums : HDV Format

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ian WilliamsonHVR-V1U and HDCP?
by on Mar 1, 2007 at 12:48:45 am

To start off with, I'm hoping I'm wrong with my suspicions.

I noticed this on my first stage day using the V1. I brought a 24" 1920x1200 LCD as a viewing monitor and plugged it into the V1 via HDMI. The picture looked great, but it was only 720x480. Nothing we could do would get the HDMI to output full res.

At the time we joked about HDCP being enabled, but dismissed the idea as insane. After further testing and searching I'm beginning to rethink the insanity theory.

If I plug the camera into any LCD via DVI, I get an SD picture. Without changing anything on the camera, if I plug the HDMI into my Bravia HDTV, I get the full res, which tells me the camera is automatically making the decision to downconvert the picture. Isn't this how HDCP is supposed to work? But why would my camera be copy protecting my content?

To add to the frustrations, I picked up a HD Studio card from Black Magic. It's the high end version of their Intensity card. I haven't been able to get it to see the V1's signal at all over HDMI. Decklink admits that their HDMI cards will not work with HDCP signals, which is a possible explanation for why it won't work with the V1.

Does this makes sense to anyone? Has anyone had any success stories with capturing the HDMI output from the V1? Has anyone been able to force the V1 to output HD regardless of the monitor used. Has anyone found any documentation that points to a definitive about the V1 and HDCP?

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]