Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
HDV FORMAT:HDV Format ForumTutorialsApple FCP ForumAdobe Premiere Pro ForumSony Vegas Forum

want to make the HDV transition

COW Forums : HDV Format

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

tonyrainwant to make the HDV transition
by on Jun 25, 2006 at 5:06:26 pm

hello HDV forum,

due to finances i have been unable to make the HDV transition but i am desperate to some time in the near future. although HDV is relatively cheap now it still takes some capitol and knowledge to change your whole workflow. one thing that would really help me transition would be if my SONY DHR1000 deck would be able to play HDV content captured on miniDV stock? is this even possible? im using Avid xpress HD pro so i know that my NLE app is capable but i just need a way to get the picture on my drive. i have a potential project that is going to be shot on HDV and miniDV and i am being asked if i can cut HDV. i think i can because of my NLE app but i'm not sure if i can get the picture in my system. i mean, i guess i could have them capture to drives and then give me the drives but it would be much more effecient if my Sony DHR100 deck could playback HDV? im probably dreamin, huh? also are my system specs powerful enough to handle HDV properly

windows xp pro
sp2
pentium 4 2.0 ghz
1.25gb ram
over 200gb hd space

i know i could be doing much better but will this machine be sufficient to start with for HDV?

thanks for all you help in advance!!!!

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]