Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
WEB:Web Design Forum- TutorialsDreamweaver Forum- TutorialsFlash Forum- TutorialsWeb Streaming

Advice about intranet video

COW Forums : Web Design

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Rick NeelyAdvice about intranet video
by on Aug 3, 2010 at 2:10:07 pm

Hey guys,

want to pick your brains if I may:

A client is kind of in a quandry and is seeking advice. Her boss has an FLV he wants to offer for employees to view on their corporate intranet site. The problem is the corporate site is managed in Scotland and the powers-that-be and technicians really frown (or are nervous) about allowing streaming media on their site (not to mention the cost for extra bandwidth).

I have suggested that alternatively they convert the file to a Windows media file that can be viewed online. The concern there is folks being able to download the file (right-mouse-click and save target; etc).

I'm not the most savvy web video guy, but what advice, given the parameters (limitations), can you suggest for the client to accomplish:

- viewing the video online, without enabling streaming functionality (if that can be done)

- prevent downloadable video (can this be disabled in web code?)

I know this seems a bit ridiculous, but it's a corporate client so you know how their minds work. Thanks!

Rick

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]