Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AUTODESK:Autodesk Smoke ForumAutodesk CombustionAutodesk Smoke 2013

Re: Does anyone actually edit in smoke ?

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Gabriele TurchiRe: Does anyone actually edit in smoke ?
by on Mar 5, 2012 at 3:52:06 pm

very very interesting ...

I am a colorist , i own couple of systems (Full Davinci setup and Scratch Finishing ) Davinci is a great color corrector (but only that ) scratch is a bit of hybrid , but not an editor for sure , and compositing /finishing wise it does miss many things

I " always " wanted to approach smoke , now have a personal project (very important to me ) coming that i will be edit/grade/finish myself and i am really wondering if i should finally make the jump to smoke , so i could edit and at the same time develop sophisticated ideas in therms of compositing , 3D relighting etc...

Few concerns i have for SMOKE as an editor :

-screening the footage : adding marks to shots (while screening )?

-create sub clip ? in avid while screening i really like to create sub clips in new bins (IN/OUT in the source area and drag in a new bin (so easily and quickly i have selected portions of the shots available for later )

-multiple frame rates material in the same timeline ? does smoke playback at the same speed no matter what is the source fps of the footage (like scratch and davinci?) ...avid apply retime to adapt the speed of the shot to the speed of the timeline ...

thanks !

g

Davinci Resolve Control Surface
MacPro
Cubix desktop 4
2 Red Rockets
GTX470+GTX470+GTX285
24GB RAM
HP Dreamcolor
Panasonic 58PF Plasma

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like