Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Can anyone recommend a cheap solution for Wireless Live Video Feed for our JVC GY-HD 100 cameras?

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Rachel KodnerCan anyone recommend a cheap solution for Wireless Live Video Feed for our JVC GY-HD 100 cameras?
by on Jun 23, 2012 at 5:36:06 pm

Our crew is filming someone's event at the Holiday Inn North Shore in a few weeks. The client wants us to provide a live video feed of the guests enjoying themselves and going to all the different booths in the room. We agreed to this months ago, but recently the client gave us new details that made this whole situation a real "game changer." The client told us that the room is PACKED so there really isn't any place for us to setup a stationary camera, to get a live video feed. The client also wants the camera to not be stationary, but rather, be mobile, and walk around and get the action. I've let the client know that if our camera is to be mobile for the live video feed that will mean that a cable has to trailer behind the camera, and people could trip over the cable and sew us, thus it's a liability issue.

So a mobile camera is out of the question unless we can figure out a way to do it wirelessly. So the client wants us to look into a cheap solution for doing a wireless live video feed. Client has even hired a special video company, in addition to us, to provide projectors/screens that will work with wireless technology.

We thought the idea of a cable wrangler wasn't good enough when it came to people not tripping on the cable so that's why I really need a suggestion for 'RF' technology.

We have a JVC GY-HD100 and 110 that we're planning to use for her event. (If absolutely necessary, we can look into substituting that camera with a Panasonic HPX300).

Someone recommended this idea a while ago that I need to look into that sounded somewhat cheap:  "I have a camwave 5channel system that fits with a vmount adapter.  I own a jvc and use it all the time.  As long as the monitor you ate using has a bnc adapter it will work and it has the capability of transmitting to multiple monitors.  The max I have use ld it for was 210 monitors trough 6 cable breakout boxes." I brought this idea up with my company, and they said it won't work with our cameras because we'd have to plug up some aja box to it to make it work, which would complicate the setup.

Can you suggest any ideas for making this happen? Hopefully a cheap alternative?

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]