Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Setups for running multiple projectors and multiple sources for theatre

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Thomas LeongRe: Setups for running multiple projectors and multiple sources for theatre
by on Aug 21, 2010 at 9:58:05 am

Hi,

I have used AvStumpfl's Wings Platinum to run a 3-screen show for live theatre. Sources were not live though, and comprised of mainly still pix and video, the latter being the more complicated since a scene would run +/- over different runs of the show, and I was required to dissolve from 3-screen video (3 clips) to another 3 clips of video everytime, over 35 nights. The 'Mixed Group' feature of Wings came in handy for these situations, and performed flawlessly once sufficient time had been pre-allocated for the out-going video clips (Group A) and the in-coming clips (Group B). Pre-designated Function keys then allowed me to fade from Group A clips to Group B clips, or Group C, etc and vice versa. For safety (F keys were too small on my laptop), I bought a programmable Genovation RS-232 keypad that sent serial signals to Wings via serial USB, to trigger the 'mix groups' fade over - a'la a remote control pad to the application.

Another possible software is MXWendler though I have not tried it myself.
http://www.mxwendler.net

Thomas Leong

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]