Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Timeline based software for MAC (not FCP)..?

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Joel HuffordRe: Timeline based software for MAC (not FCP)..?
by on Jun 5, 2010 at 4:57:00 am

I would also say that response from the developer has been fantastic. Anytime I've had a question Brian has been exceptional about getting back to me right away and I mean right away! (a huge benefit when you're on show site and running against a deadline)

That being said, I know that InfoComm and the WWDC is right around the corner and so I'm sure this is a busy week for them.

What exactly do you mean when you say you haven't been able to get it to run in fullscreen with your current setup?

I've been using the software for several years now, I would say that you should be able to get by with the current hardware solution you're using, so long as your content is not uncompressed HD or RED footage.

If you have a choice in the matter, encode all of your content using ProRes 422 as this is the least demanding on the system in terms of decoding.

Also, I would invest in an external HD that used a FireWire 800 connector for media storage.

If you are playing back a large amount of HD content, you'll want to step up to a MacPro tower with at least a quad core processor, RAID array and video card with at least 512MB of memory and dual output. For reference, our systems use the ATI x1900 XT card and have had no issues.

If you do end up purchasing a copy and plan on using it regularly (on either system) I would also recommend springing for the USB controller. While certainly not necessary, it's nice to have a physical controller in your hand so you don't have to worry about fumbling around with keyboard shortcuts in the middle of an event.

joel

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]