Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Velocity 8.2.32 Questions

COW Forums : Leitch dpsVelocity

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

James HoppeVelocity 8.2.32 Questions
by on Apr 13, 2009 at 7:12:01 pm

Yes, I KNOW it's ancient but. . .Updating the system is out of the question if it's going to cost $$

Two questions, the first is how large a capacity drive will this version of the Reality hardware accept.

The second is semi related and relates to a Medea/Avid VR 4/320 (copied from the Video Raid forum)
I realize the 4320 is no longer supported, and unfortunately, the Hitachi drives in it are VERY hard to come by. Has anyone had any success in replacing the Deskstar 80 Gig drives (model HDS722580VLAT20) with other drives? While I would LOVE to go huge with this thing, the Velocity system it's attached to will probably complain if I do any more than double the capacity. While we would have to buy 4 matching ATA drives, that would still be (slightly) cheaper than getting an external SCSI box and drive.

James Hoppe
WILX-TV
Engineering

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]