Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: VelocityHD & HDV HELP!!!!!

COW Forums : Leitch dpsVelocity

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

robertoivsRe: VelocityHD & HDV HELP!!!!!
by on Apr 30, 2007 at 10:55:34 pm

Hello,

my company is certified Canon and Leitch reseller in Italy so I can answer to your questions. We had a customer which we sold both VHD and XL 1H and SONY HVRZ1E. VHD works fine with both cameras Canon and Sony. VHD exports MPEG2 in RT using Supermicro X7DAL-E and the HDV Print2Tape is 2:1 (it is slower than RT but is more faster than many other competitors) using Dual Xeon 5060 or 5140.
VHD quality is superb and it is thousand of times higher than is allowed by shooting with Canon camera that is better than Sony Z1. I'm writing this because comparing the same footage in PAL (720x576)and in HD (1440x1080i interpolated to 1920x1080i) we are not able to see appreciable differences between them on SD and HD CRT Monitor. For your lucky (if you are NTSC user) the resolution of Canon camera in HD mode should be better in many situations than SD NTSC definition.
In my opinion XLH1 is another CHEAP PAL CAMERA adapted to the HD recording interpolating the images. The its cost confirm it so please you do not expect great results because you will have a big delusion.

Best Regards
Roberto Castellano

Technical Manager
IVS Interactive Video Systems
Centro Direzionale Is.G1/C
80143 Napoli, Italy

Tel./Fax+39-081-7879046
Mobile. +39-0328-7482068
http://www.ivs.it
Roberto.Castellano@ivs.it
--------------------------------------------

TV Software Developers