Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE DVD STUDIO:HomeDVD Studio ForumDVD Studio TutorialsFinal Cut Studio

HD Footage to SD DVD ???

COW Forums : Apple DVD Studio Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael BrownHD Footage to SD DVD ???
by on Jun 18, 2012 at 1:22:16 pm

Hi folks,

This has been answered in the past but lots has changed since then, so here I go again:

I have an 18 min. short with only one cut in it, very little movement and only a few simple titles that I need to deliver a preview on NTSC DVD for a few festivals (there are still some that only take NTSC DVDs for preview, believe it or not). I shot on 1080p and made the Pal DVD by exporting it to ProRes 422 at 720x576 16:9 – no problem so far. The DVD SP 4 manual claims that DVDSP can encode Pal footage to NTSC if you import Pal to an NTSC DVDSP project (we're talking SD of course). No dice, asset not accepted.

I have tried to export the sequence from FCP7 to NTSC 720x480 16:9 @ 29,97 fps, but QT will not play it properly (the frame rate varies constantly during playback and the image has the typical jumps every second or so, so I'm aware that my footage has not really been transcoded).

Do I need to send this to a lab that is properly equipped (which would barely be worth the trouble) or can I handle this myself?

MacBook Pro, OS 10.6.8, FCP 7 & DVD SP4

Thanks for your suggestions ;-)

Michael

Michael Brown

Michael Brown

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter