Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE DVD STUDIO:HomeDVD Studio ForumDVD Studio TutorialsFinal Cut Studio

Re: Unable to copy a DVD made from DVDSP

COW Forums : Apple DVD Studio Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Sean NicholasRe: Unable to copy a DVD made from DVDSP
by on Sep 22, 2010 at 6:48:30 pm

I was giving my exact workflow because I've heard of stories where a certain setting in compressor would screw up the process.

There is one .layout file in the video-ts folder. No .lay files. These should be removed if they are there in the future?

People probably don't burn from SP because there are many experts on record that say it's less stable and that it should be avoided.

Burn settings:
Write speed- 4x dvd (2x has the same issues)
Buffer Underrun prevention on
Verify data on
I think I covered my burn workflow otherwise.

New tests:

Burn FROM dvdsp, then copied (superdrive 1 to external) failed.
Saving an image file from the sp disc out of drive 1 failed. The file save worked with the external drive. A burn off THAT IMAGE in drive 1 resulted in a success.
Saving an image file from the sp disc on drive 2 also failed. The external drive is the only one that can read and write, as long as reading is NOT from an internal.

Burn from dvdsp on superdrive 2 had the error "the recording device reported the media error:unknown device error"

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]