Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE DVD STUDIO:HomeDVD Studio ForumDVD Studio TutorialsFinal Cut Studio

Re: Intermittent audio on DVD in some DVD players

COW Forums : Apple DVD Studio Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Harmeet ChaggerRe: Intermittent audio on DVD in some DVD players
by on Jan 12, 2010 at 9:38:09 pm

Ok really stupid question - how do I work out the video and audio bitrates?

The edit isn't that complicated - 3 layered video tracks in most places with either synced audio or a voiceover over cutaways. A few title pages with the text animated zooming in and out by keyframing. Out Takes over scrolling credits at the end.

The first Master I compressed using DVD: Best Quality 90 minutes settings (AIFF 48/16, Dolby 2.0, MPEG 2 6.2Mbps 2 pass)

As I thought it had something to do with the audio format I re-compressed the edit this time using all the audio formats available and authored a copy using each format. (AAC 128kps, AAC 128KPS Streaming, AIFF 44.1/16, AIFF 48/16, AIFF 48/24, Dolby Auto, Dolby 2.0, Dolby 5.1).

The problem occurred on all versions on the 3 DVD players at the same timecodes on all the above versions.

I've been looking at the FCP timeline and I'm wondering whether its got something to do with the mic I've been using? As the AT897 is a single channelled mic, when I came to capture the footage I split the 1 audio input to 2 audio tracks in the Clip settings in Log and Capture (by clicking on the cassette tape icon). If I didn't do that the audio I captured was really low with lots of hum. The timecodes the duplicator gave me where there is no audio seem to correspond with the audio captured with the mic.

Could this be it and why would this make a difference? (I'm clutching at straws now!)

Harmeet

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]