Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE DVD STUDIO:HomeDVD Studio ForumDVD Studio TutorialsFinal Cut Studio

Re: Layered menu not working in DVD player

COW Forums : Apple DVD Studio Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael LansdellRe: Layered menu not working in DVD player
by on Dec 4, 2009 at 10:01:41 am

Hi, found this whist trying to work out why a layered menu I'd made was okay on some DVD players but not on others. Anyway, I wondered if you could explain how to auto-activate the menu buttons as you describe;

"you do it with a separate menu for each state, and then you auto-active the navigation buttons to jump to what appears to be the button above, below, left or right."

I'm making a DVD menu for a county council about their children's centres, it has eight similar films on, but each one is taylored to an ethnic group and they want black and white flags as buttons that highlight by going into colour. At first it seemed easy (using the layered menu style), but when I got people to take the discs home to test about half couldn't use the menu, which isn't good!
Anyway, yours or anyones help would be greatly appreciated, so far Google hasn't helped me!

Cheers,

Michael Lansdell

Online/Offline Editor

My system:

2 x 3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
5GB DDR2 RAM
512MB ATI Radeon X1900 XT
OS X 10.4.11
Final Cut Pro 6.0.4
After Effects CS4
Blackmagic Design DeckLink HD Extreme (6.6.2)

Take a gander at my personal blog:

http://www.monstersareart.blogspot.com

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]