Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE DVD STUDIO:HomeDVD Studio ForumDVD Studio TutorialsFinal Cut Studio

Re: HELP!!! DSP 4.0 project won't play when burned (no issues with other projects, though)

COW Forums : Apple DVD Studio Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Don GreeningRe: HELP!!! DSP 4.0 project won't play when burned (no issues with other projects, though)
by on Jul 21, 2008 at 6:32:20 pm

[Jamie Linder] "Basically, the DVD (in the problematic player) sounds like its trying to load, and then ends up saying "Incorrect Disc". "

Okay, that helps. Sounds like your DVDs aren't the problem but that player definitely has one. It could be any number of things but the result is that particular player can't read the disc. If it was just a personal DVD or a very small duplication run any DVD-R brand that's made in Japan would suffice. But since this project is destined for wide spread use I would for sure use the best DVD-R brand on the market today, which are the Taiyo Yuden 8x DVDs. I use the Taiyo Yudens exclusively and I can't remember the last time I burned a coaster. But keep in mind that I don't exceed 6.5 max MPEG2 bit rates, either.

It all depends on what your bottom line is with your project but you might even consider glass master replication instead of duplication. Then there will be virtually no playback issues for anyone.

- Don

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]