Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE DVD STUDIO:HomeDVD Studio ForumDVD Studio TutorialsFinal Cut Studio

Re: DVDSP4 disc description syntax help

COW Forums : Apple DVD Studio Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael SacciRe: DVDSP4 disc description syntax help
by on Dec 20, 2007 at 7:56:04 pm

Changing/updating assets within DVDSP4 - here is one way that I do it, let's say there is a video that I update file named video.m2v, I change the old file to video_old.m2v, encode the new video as video.m2v to the same folder as the old video, open the DVDSP4 project and it will bring in the new video and refresh the project.

"but sometimes here in Italy you get people in high places who are not competent for the position they hold" Trust me, this is not a just a problem in Italy!

I'm sorry, my system is a G4 867, and DVDSP 4 runs fine on it. Of course the muxing is slower on it but not the end of the world. It would be hard for me to go back to encoding on this system (I also have a MacPro) but DVDSP4 runs fine on the G4, you do need OS 1.4.(11 is what it up to). So if you can fine a used one it will work but...

You cannot buy DVDSP4 by itself, it only comes in Final Cut Studio, so you are getting a lot of extra stuff you may or may not need. Some of the programs with not run on the G4, they need newer processors and higher end video cards. So the question becomes do you go for a short term solution vs a long term investment.

BTW - DVDSP 1.5 and DVDSP2 (and up) are completely different programs, is was a total rewrite out of the Spruce program Apple acquired way back when.

Totally feel your pain.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]