Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE DVD STUDIO:HomeDVD Studio ForumDVD Studio TutorialsFinal Cut Studio

DVDSP4 disc description syntax help

COW Forums : Apple DVD Studio Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Alberto TaboneDVDSP4 disc description syntax help
by on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:41:23 pm

Hello everyone,

I have posted the same question on another forum, where I was mostly misunderstood and whipped for "not upgrading". Please do not do the same.

We are in a real emergency and there is no time to explain in detail why find ourselves in it. Basically, we were supposed to start localizing a series of foreign DVDs from a bunch of tapes and some photoshop files, with first delivery in about three weeks. Recently the tables were turned without our knowledge and suddenly we were landed a new deadline (THREE DAYS) and no tapes, just the original source files (from a foreign company) that were authored using DVDSP 4. Obviously, given the much reduced timeframe, the quickest and surest thing to do would be to use the DVDSP4 project files and simply re-link new graphics and audio.

However, we do not work with DVDSP (we use other programs on Macs and Windows), of which we only have an old 1.5 version on an old Mac and which we kept purely as a backup solution. We hoped that the file formats would be interchangeable, but that is not the case. We then thought that perhaps having someone else with DVDSP4 (or using someone else's machine), we could open the original files and save the disc's description from v4 and load it into v1.5 on our machine, but also found that the v4's XML's sintax is entirely different and v1.5 does not understand the file.

Currently, there is no way for us to simply buy and install DVDSP4 on the old Mac (it would not run), nor have we the time (in the run-up to Christmas too) to buy and install a new Mac to host the application - though we may do that later, maybe using a second-hand one, for the rest of the series, but the pressure is on now and seeing if it can be done without setting up a new workstation.

So the question is: is there a way (through a utility or a macro using a text program) to interpret and change the v4's disc description into a file that v1.5 can understand?

The discs have lots of links and especially chapters, and it would save a lot of time (and mistakes) if we could somehow re-create the basic structure and chapter markers of these DVDs from the original v4 files.

If anybody has any ideas I would be very grateful if they could share them with me.

Thanks a lot in advance and happy Christmas!

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]