Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE DVD STUDIO:HomeDVD Studio ForumDVD Studio TutorialsFinal Cut Studio

Re: close caption problem

COW Forums : Apple DVD Studio Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark AbneyRe: close caption problem
by on Nov 27, 2007 at 4:19:05 pm

[Suzy Shaw] "My question as I continue to work the problem is why I can't see the correct TC when I open the m2v file in QT? I've used MPEG Append and gone into Compressor and changed it so the TC would start at 1 hour and still when I view the files in QT they start at 00:00:00:00. How can I check that the video file has output correctly?"

You can check the timestamp of your m2v file in DVDSP.

Import the file and look in the "Assets" tab.
Right-click (or ctrl-click) on the top bar where you see "name. Status, In Use... etc.
A list of options should pop up.... "Timestamp" is toward the bottom of the list.

Another way is to simply click on the m2v file after it is imported and look in the inspector window. This will show you size, framerate, aspect, as well as timecode IN and OUT.

Third way is to drop your m2v file into a track in DVDSP and right-click in the grey space that shows the track timecode... you should get the option for "zero-based" or "asset-based".... you want "asset-based" to see the timecode stamp of the encode.

My workflow for this issue is to first open the CC or subtitle file and determine the start timecode... then open the m2v with mpeg append and reset the timestamp to match.

good luck with your project

-mark

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]