Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE DVD STUDIO:HomeDVD Studio ForumDVD Studio TutorialsFinal Cut Studio

Re: Play All button: Scripts vs. Stories

COW Forums : Apple DVD Studio Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

msacciRe: Play All button: Scripts vs. Stories
by on Nov 9, 2007 at 8:21:56 pm

Here the way I do it.

The play all is a single track with all the chapters on it. The button jumps to this track and not a story. This wayl the next previous chapter remote buttons work as normal, no scripting no fuss. This is also a safety net, some players (old cheap ones, can have problems with play stories so having a true video track as the play all ensures that they can at lease play the entire video. Note is was a problem I encountered years ago and have not seen it lately but I sill like to be safe.

The each chapter is a story that the chapter menu buttons are link to. It is just so easy to do it this and it works best. If you add scripting to chapter markers as to decide whether it should play on or jump back to the chapter menu, the play all will pause for a second at each chapter as this script is run.

Note I also highly recommend editing all the assets into a single movie and encode it before you bring it into DVDSP.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]