Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE DVD STUDIO:HomeDVD Studio ForumDVD Studio TutorialsFinal Cut Studio

Re: "Best" format for DVD's and archiving

COW Forums : Apple DVD Studio Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Don GreeningRe: "Best" format for DVD's and archiving
by on Mar 3, 2006 at 7:22:37 pm

A Lot of people are using Compressor 2 using the same workflow they used with Compressor 1 and they've reported that the 2 pass VBR best ends up looking like crap. Nothing else they've tried to fix the problem has worked. So......it would seem that Compressor 2 works for some and not for others. It is indeed a mystery. The workaround for these folks is to use 1 pass CBR and they're apparently getting better encoding results.

For myself, 2 pass VBR best in Compressor 2 works flawlessly. I export a self-contained QT movie from FCP, video only. Then I export the audio using the "Audio to AIF" command. I use APack on my G4 to compress the audio then transfer the .ac3 file to my G5 via ethernet. I use Compressor 2 to encode the video using 2 pass VBR best, then import the two elements into DVDSP4. I build my DVD and burn onto Taiyo Yuden 8x DVD-R Inkjet Printables, and they'll play on any consumer DVD player I've tried so far, including clients' older players collecting dust in their livingrooms. I never encode with a max. bitrate higher than 7.

And there you have it.

- Don

"Please take a moment to fill out your profile, including your computer system and relevant software. Help us help you."

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]