Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE DVD STUDIO:HomeDVD Studio ForumDVD Studio TutorialsFinal Cut Studio

Re: Audio becomes longer than video using Compressor...?

COW Forums : Apple DVD Studio Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

AlexanderRe: Audio becomes longer than video using Compressor...?
by on Dec 20, 2005 at 10:25:19 am

[Tore Jonssen] ". I'd say that Compressor in general is not an encoding tool I would trust for encoding to DVD - huge macro blocks in the video files and sync issues that almost drove me crazy at one point. I use ProCoder for all my DVDs, it's the best mpeg-2 encoding tool I've come across so far.
"

Tore,as I posted above,
Don't mix audio preparation with video Compression.
The audio problem is a well-know bug using Compressor, the work-around is to export audio to aiff, NOT using Compressor, BUT use the exact same in and out points as for the mpeg2 file.
Convert this audio to AC3 and use it in DVDSP, ignore the AC3 file length time value, look at it in the DVDSP T-L, the end will match the video perfectly. The time value of the aiff file before compressing to AC3 IS the same as the video and also syncs up perfectly, BUT takes way too much headroom, and hence detracts from video quality.
Your above statment switches the question to video quality which is NOT the topic of this thread. Again, don't mix audio preparation with video Compression, video compression is a totally different ball-game, but I for one will defend Compressor's mpeg2 quality IF done with consideration of many factors.

Short answer:- keep audio away from Compressor!.
Cheers
Alexander

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]