Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AJA:AJA io ForumAJA Kona ForumAJA Xena ForumAJA io TutorialsAJA Kona TutorialsAJA Xena TutorialsAJA

EX-1 and IOHD workflow

COW Forums : AJA io

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

jerry ParkerEX-1 and IOHD workflow
by on Mar 10, 2008 at 3:32:50 pm

Question regarding workflow
I am considering a Sony EX-1 to use with FCP and an IOHD.
I will need to convert to SD, the EX-1 files are already on the hard drive is there any way that the IOHD can convert these to SD or do I need to recapture through the IOHD, with it set to a different output. That would defeat the “tapeless” workflow. The EX-1 does not have an SD mode although it can export an SD signal. All of the edited will need to be run to DVD SP to burn standard DVD’s, presume I would still need Compressor for those files. Also if I had a long program captured at the 25mbs setting, can it be up scaled to higher quality in the IOHD, or is it best to capture at the highest resolution(35mbps) how much different does it look?
I don’t want to make an expensive mistake here, thanks for helping me understand how these devices work together.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]