Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AJA:AJA io ForumAJA Kona ForumAJA Xena ForumAJA io TutorialsAJA Kona TutorialsAJA Xena TutorialsAJA

Re: kona vs Black Magic (HDCam FCP workflow)

COW Forums : AJA io

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bob ZelinRe: kona vs Black Magic (HDCam FCP workflow)
by on Oct 12, 2006 at 10:55:05 pm

I am saddened by your intended process. It appears that your only concern is how to accomplish this as cheaply as possible - avoiding the use of any AJA or Blackmagic product. However you are shooing with a Sony CineAlta camera,(a very expensive camera) and will finish with a Nitris - one of the most expensive edit systems on the market today. I don't get what is going on.

To answer your question - yes, the JH-3 has an iLink port, and has a 2:3 pulldown feature, so anything you shoot will be pulled down to 29.97, so you can go in DV25. However, as you have been told by TWO OF US - you will need to use Automatic Duck ($499) to convert the FCP list into an AVID list, to do your conform.

I have no idea of why you are shooting with the best HD gear, finishing with a top of the line HD edit system, and want to do the actual edit - one of the most important parts of the job - as cheaply as possible. This makes no sense to me. In addition, I think that you have some balls asking on both the AJA and Blackmagic forums, how you can avoid using these products.

If you proceed with this process, you will need Automatic Duck to convert your FCP list to AVID. If I find out that you do not purchase a legal copy of Automatic Duck to do this, you will be punished.

Bob Zelin

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]