Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
BORIS FX:Boris FX ForumBoris FX TutorialsBorisAfter EffectsMotion Graphics

How do I make an Environment Map for BLUE?

COW Forums : Boris FX

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

John RofranoHow do I make an Environment Map for BLUE?
by on May 27, 2008 at 4:56:19 pm

Is the procedure for making an Environment Map for Boris BLUE documented anywhere?

Here is how far I got: I can see that they are DirectX DDS files and I've downloaded the NVIDIA DDS Plug-in for photoshop and so I was able to open the DDS file from BLUE and see that it was made up of a cube with 6 sides of 512x512 each. I then took an environment that I had created in Vue 6 Infinite and exported 6 camera angles (0, 90, 180, 270, straight up, & straight down) at 512x512 resolution and assembled them into a DDS file in the same order that the BLUE files were arranged. But in BLUE it was pretty obvious that the projections didn't match as I could see the corners of the cube. :(

I'm thinking that I need to change the focal length of the camera I am using to create the images in Vue. The BLUE environments look like they were created with Terragen. How were they created?

What is the secret to getting the 6 projections to be seamless when, in reality, they are being projected onto a cube with corners?

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com/

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]