Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
BORIS FX:Boris FX ForumBoris FX TutorialsBorisAfter EffectsMotion Graphics

Re: Liquid 7 configuration & newbie

COW Forums : Boris FX

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

mark harveyRe: Liquid 7 configuration & newbie
by on Dec 23, 2005 at 11:41:28 am

I'm sure Avid would be REALLY impressed with the store shooting down Liquid.....They have probably never seen the system, but because it is priced with some of the lower end editing apps they make the assumption that it is inferior....they are pc salespeople, not editors....they have no clue what they are talking about....
Earlier this year I trained some editors on a media100 system....they hired me because the training they were provided was by a pc salesman...he knew nothing about editing, but he showed them how XP worked !!!!

Have you thought about calling Dell and discussing this with them....Explain to them that you would like to have the Raid, and that you would like to have a seperate drive to boot from. They may be able to help you. If they can't, then you may have to boot from your array. Not the ideal solution, but hey it would work.

Back to Liquid not being "pro", well I work on Liquid Blue at my day job. It is essentially the same software, except a few more codecs, some hardware to speed up renders, and a bigger break-out box than Liquid... This year, I won two PROMAX gold awards with promos that I had edited on this system using the Liquid tools. Sure I did some compositing in 3rd party apps, but essentially the meat of the promos came through Liquid.

If you take the time to learn Liquid, you will love it. If you want to edit, effect, mix, burn to DVD....then Liquid is the all in one product for you....it will do anything you can imagine. As I said, I also run other software, but I do a ton of compositing, and use features that Liquid doesn't offer. You can do a lot, but it is not a full-fledged compositing application such as After Effects and Boris Red.

Happy holidays,
Let me know how it goes.

Mark Harvey

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]