Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE SOUNDTRACK:HomeSoundtrack ForumAudio Professionals Forum

Sending a Soundtrack Project to Final Cut as Multiple Tracks & Preserving Clips?

COW Forums : Apple Soundtrack

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index

Chris WadeSending a Soundtrack Project to Final Cut as Multiple Tracks & Preserving Clips?
by on Jun 9, 2012 at 9:59:20 pm

Hey all-

I have a Final Cut Pro 7 project with multiple tracks of audio that I sent to our sound designer for mixing. He returned them as an OMF file that I now can open in Soundtrack Pro with all the tracks still separated and individually editable. Now we want to make a few minor tweaks to the video and audio back in the Final Cut project. Is there any way to send the project back to Final Cut retaining the multiple, separated audio tracks and clips, the way they appear in my Soundtrack timeline, (so I can edit certain video and audio tracks independently of the others), rather than as a mixed down AAF?

The only way I've found is by exporting as "all tracks", but that's proving itself inconvenient due to creating many redundant and blank portions of tracks, forcing me to constantly render.

Thanks everyone!

Posts Index
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:
  • Sending a Soundtrack Project to Final Cut as Multiple Tracks & Preserving Clips? by Chris Wade on Jun 9, 2012 at 9:59:20 pm

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]