Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE SOUNDTRACK:HomeSoundtrack ForumAudio Professionals Forum

Limiter in multitrack mix

COW Forums : Apple Soundtrack

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Art LeeLimiter in multitrack mix
by on Mar 28, 2012 at 4:09:35 am

Hi, I'm not an expert in STP and know I'm not doing this right, hope if I explain what I am doing and trying to achieve someone can help!

I have a multi track project exported from FCP with voice over, music bed and other SFX. I have everything going to one submix, to which I have applied a limiter. The limiter has output level of -9 as that's the limit for TV here. I have pushed up the limiter gain, pushed up the volume of the VO track, and pushed down the volume of music and SFX tracks.

This generally makes the VO stand out and sound clear and the other tracks to recede (A kind of ducking effect I guess) The problem is that it causes kind of echo/reverb in the music track. Increasing the limiter release reduces this a bit, but then the VO isn't as loud / clear.

Is there a better way to do it? If the limiter is applied to only the VO track, or other individual tracks, I'm not sure how keep the whole thing under -9, and get the "ducking" effect I am after. Hope that's clear, thanks.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]