Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE SOUNDTRACK:HomeSoundtrack ForumAudio Professionals Forum

Re: remove phone sound

COW Forums : Apple Soundtrack

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

André EngelhardtRe: remove phone sound
by on Jun 24, 2011 at 12:27:26 pm

Hi Ted,

are you speaking of interference as in digital blips and stuff or do you mean to say that the sound of the recording is tinny?

If it's the former then you'll have to painstakingly edit in a spectrum viewer but even that won't do too much to recover the sound.

If the latter and the sound is just tinny / flat, then it probably means that your microphone capsule is broken (assuming that all the other steps in recording and hooking it up were done correctly).

And yes for the second scenario any EQ will do the trick to a certain extent. Throw in an EQ onto the affected track, boost the frequencies around 200-500 and reduce the tinniness at around 5kHz. See if that gets you anywhere nearer to what you want it to sound, if so then play around a bit more and if not the issue might be something else.

If you like to you can send me a short snippet and I can give you some pointers. Let me know.

Good luck,

André

--
Audio Engineer, Sound Designer
Video- and Photographer
http://www.andreengelhardt.net

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:
  • remove phone sound by ted irving on Jun 24, 2011 at 1:39:35 am
    • Re: remove phone sound by André Engelhardt on Jun 24, 2011 at 12:27:26 pm