Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: OSS Ciprico Mediavault 5108 not mounting on XP SP3 after shutdown (dmboot fail

COW Forums : Ciprico storage solutions

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

oleng tjioeRe: OSS Ciprico Mediavault 5108 not mounting on XP SP3 after shutdown (dmboot fail
by on Sep 3, 2009 at 5:25:06 pm

You need to make sure the MV5108 is being power controlled by the host system, and that the ATX power pins are not shorted inside the array. If not, you will have instability and the RAIDcore will not initialize properly with the system's PCIe bus upon restart.

Just in case, I would like to point out that as long the computer stays powered (restart or idle) it's fine. Only when it loses power that Windows can't mount it.
Thank you for the advice, really appreciate it, i intend to try and see if i can fix it without taking the drive apart, since i don't want to void warranty, getting new drives takes more money and especially time (we need the big storage in the next several weeks for several months). Can you help me and point out which part is which, like what is OSS expansion kit?

Also, you need to delete your array within the RAIDcore BIOS on boot up, then reconfigure your RAID. Create a RAID5 across all the drives, then you want to set it up as a simple volume and partition in Windows Disk Management. You are also using the wrong drivers. Use v3.3.1

Do you think this will fix it? I don't think our supplier will do anything that will cause them lose money or credibility (they installed and supplied much more expensive system than this to several post houses) so i dare to say it's not likely they mess with factory default configuration.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]