Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: OSS Ciprico Mediavault 5108 not mounting on XP SP3 after shutdown (dmboot fail

COW Forums : Ciprico storage solutions

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

oleng tjioeRe: OSS Ciprico Mediavault 5108 not mounting on XP SP3 after shutdown (dmboot fail
by on Sep 3, 2009 at 4:12:37 pm

XP SP3 is definitely NOT the problem. I suspect your disk drives, or the OSS expansion kit. You say you replaced the RAIDcore card?

I'm not familiar with Mediavault parts, actually i'm not familiar with any RAID hardware (some experience with XServe RAID, that's it). But yes, another guy replace the PCI card in Mediavault drive, not the PCI Express for CPU. Can you elaborate what cards are there in Mediavault?

Truthfully, I have seen many issues running the RAIDcore cards on various Asus motherboards.

What disk drives are you using? New?

Hitachi i think, it's new, as the CPU. Actually it wasn't me who install it. Ok here's the chronology:

- We ordered from our supplier in Singapore (we gets a lot of hardware and softwares from them), they send it along with the technician who already built the RAID arrays there, but when he install it here in Jakarta it's not detected as RAID array, so he messed around with the PCI Express card config and some settings in the BIOS, finally decided to bring it back and test again in Singapore (which has the CPU with same system as we have here)
- They find out that it works fine there, rebuild the array, bring back here again, install & upgrade the driver to 5.0.1 and finally it works, the RAID array is there. But after he left, it started to reporting controller disconnection, sometimes have problem mounting, etc, and the last time the technician came here he let me know that it won't mount if powered down. I suggested faulty hardware because according to RAIDConsole messages & log the controller no.4 keeps disconnected & need firmware upgrade (we couldn't upgrade it), he checked and they decided to get a replacement controller card from OSS.
- Controller card arrived, one of the guys here open the Mediavault, install it, boot up & reinstall the driver, no change, same thing happen when powered down.

And what type of partition are you creating in Windows Disk Management?

Under Disk Management the volume is reported as Dynamic (Spanned).

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]