Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE ENCORE DVD:HomeForumTutorialsDVD Authoring

Making a DVD with subtitles but get "Clips don't have safe gaps for BD export." message

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Adam WilliamsMaking a DVD with subtitles but get "Clips don't have safe gaps for BD export." message
by on Jul 11, 2012 at 8:30:52 am

Hello!

I'm using Encore CS5 to create a DVD with subtitles (five timelines, each with three subtitle tracks).

I created the subtitles in Aegisub and exported them to the encore.txt format, which I then imported into Encore. However, when I import the subs in the subtitle area a warning icon is displayed that says "Clips don't have safe gaps for BD export." Ignoring that warning and attempting to build the disc results in this error message:

PGC "mytimeline" has an error at 00;00;15;19. internal software error: %0, line mytimeline - PGC Info: name = mytimeline, ref = Kpgc, time = 00:00:15:19

The disc builds fine when I remove all subtitles.

After tons of searching, it seems that that error is a limitation imposed by Encore for subtitles on blu-ray discs that says that subtitles can't be within five frames of each other. Sure enough, when I go through and add gaps between every subtitle, the disc builds properly. Unfortunately that throws off the subtitle timing and just looks ugly.

So does anyone have an idea as to how to fix this? I'm not even making a blu-ray... this project is DVD from beginning to end.

I also opened the project on a different computer running CS6, to no avail. I then created a very simple project from scratch (one timeline + one sub track), also on CS6, but the result is the same.

I've been tearing my hair out for a few days, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]