Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE ENCORE DVD:HomeForumTutorialsDVD Authoring

Encore CS5: Building Problems

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mr XramEncore CS5: Building Problems
by on May 23, 2012 at 11:16:52 am

Hi Creative COW users!

First of all, I'm new here as a user, although I've been using the amazing Creative COW forums anonymously before.

The Case
I've been working with Premiere Pro and Encore CS5 actively for the last week. I think pretty much got the hang of both programs. I first combined some of my HD videos (shot with a Nikon D7000) and created some sequences with them. Each Sequence not longer than 10 minutes. Then I rendered them in 1920x1080, which gave me a good result.

After that I started working with Encore. In Encore I created individual timelines of every video, added some playlists and all that jazz. I also created some custom made menu's in Photoshop, with animated backgrounds, animated links and so forth. Everything looked great in the preview, no doubt.

The Problems
Actually I've got 2 problems here. I'll number them for the convenience.

1. After I finished my project, I just needed to build the movie. Since I made everything in HD, I was thinking about doing the same here as well. Problem is though; I don't have a blu ray player. Instead, I've got one of those multimedia players that plays things from hard drives - at Full HD resolution. Before I rendered the whole thing in blu ray format (which probably would take a long time, since the project was about 1,5h of HD vids, about 20GB excluding the menus) I thought it might be smart to first render a Test Project, which just included 1 simple menu and one 10 sec. video. Here's were it got interesting: I rendered the whole thing in 2 formats: blu ray ISO and blu ray folder. Both of them weren't recognized by my media player. The ISO didn't work at all. The folder worked, but I could only play the individual videos, not the menu. This kinda sucks, I want my menu to play. I could render it as DVD, but it'll loose all it's quality. PLUS, I tried to render the same test project as DVD, the menu's were screwed up, I guess because of the change in resolution.

2. I need to do something, so I thought I'd just render the whole thing as a DVD, so I could see if that at least worked a bit. Now it's rendering for hours straight and it keeps telling me this: Building motion menus... and: Rendering menu "Scene Selection 1".
To be clear: I've got 6 menu's, all with a motion background, the Scene Selection menus got little video thumbnails as well.

The Questions
1. Is there something I could do to get my project in Full HD onto my media player? Something besides buying a blu ray player (and burner)? If not: is there some easy fix to fix the menu's, so that I don't get the resolution problems when I render it as a DVD?

2. Is it normal for Encore to take hours and hours to render such a project?

I hope some of you can answer my questions, it would really be awesome to see not all my work was for nothing.

Cheers!

Marnix

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]