Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE ENCORE DVD:HomeForumTutorialsDVD Authoring

Re: DVD Menu Size

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeff PuleraRe: DVD Menu Size
by on Dec 8, 2011 at 5:23:17 pm

Hi Austin,

Good advice from Danny. I don't transcode in Encore, I follow Danny's advice and do that before I get to that stage. In other words, assuming editing in Premiere, use Adobe Media Encoder and export the HD sequence as MPEG-2 for DVD, resulting in a widescreen SD export of .m2v for video and .wav for audio. Check the "Maximum Render Quality" setting when going to from HD to SD for best quality downscaling.

In Encore, use File > Import as import the assets as a Timeline. For menu creation in Photoshop, use 720x480 as suggested, but be sure to set the Pixel Aspect in Photoshop to 1.2 so the results are not distorted on your widescreen DVD.

Do not, I repeat do NOT create a 4:3 "letterboxed" DVD from your HD source! Create a 16:9 DVD to match the source footage. If the viewer happens to have a 4:3 display, their DVD player should add the 4:3 letterboxing to the video output automatically. If you create a 4:3 disc with letterboxing as part of the image, when viewed on a 16:9 display, the entire video will then be surrounded by black, not pretty at all.

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]