Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE ENCORE DVD:HomeForumTutorialsDVD Authoring

Re: Encore CS4 Timeline-Crash

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Larry S. Evans IIRe: Encore CS4 Timeline-Crash
by on Feb 11, 2009 at 7:27:39 pm

Well, I had not suspected the anti-virus app to be part of the problem, but I will look into that. I'm about to the point of deciding that perchance I have pushed this older machine as far as possible without upgrading some features-most likely the video card.

In fairness, I spent the better part of the morning pouring through the Premiere CS4 user forums at Adobe and I do not appear to be alone in this, nor does it seem that my somewhat antiquated video card would be the sole culprit. There are folks who are having the same problem whose cards will run rings around mine. Further, it seems the suggested "fixes" don't have any logical connection to a solution or to each other. These included:

Font compatibility issues -remove fonts and replace until you find the "bad" one. . . This was suggested (repeatedly and adamantly) by someone who was lucky enough to have it work on his/her system (which may have undergone some other change unbeknownst to them). They couldm't identitfy a specific font, but they were sure that everyone else who was complaining about it had the same problem. I tend to discount this as highly unlikely, and I have hundreds of fonts installed, as I'm sure do most designers.

Log in under a new User Account -I suspect this may be a blanket "you're running Vista aren't you?" response, because if one account has user privileges adequate to run Premiere then a new one would likely have no more permissions for that user. However, if this were simply cleaning up a bad configuration stored in the user profile (my suspicion) would it not be better to destroy the bad config?

The common thread I saw in 99% of the posts was that the 4.0.1 upgrade patch was the cause of the problem regardless of system, and many systems ran CS3 without error (as did both of mine) and CS4 unpatched (ditto, at least as far as Premiere and media encoder, didn't try Encore until it was too late).

Unfortunately it appears the only way to get back to the pre-4.0.1 patch is to do an un-install/re-install which with Master Collection takes about a day.

If anyone knows of a better way to backgrade from an Adobe update I'd love to hear about it.

Larry S. Evans II

Executive Producer

Digital I Productions

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]