Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE ENCORE DVD:HomeForumTutorialsDVD Authoring

After Button Transition, Previous Menu Flashes/Glitches Into View

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Justin MetzAfter Button Transition, Previous Menu Flashes/Glitches Into View
by on Feb 6, 2009 at 8:55:06 am

A short run down:

Using Encore CS3, working in PAL 4:3 DV (not that it would appear related).

I've got a main menu and 2 sub menus (all motion menus) with button transitions in between to slide/fade the menus in and out of view. Everything works perfectly in the project preview mode (surprisingly) and also when burned and played on my standalone DVD player/TV, but when I view the build DVD on my PC using PowerDVD or Windows Media Player I get a strange glitch. Just after a button transition has occurred it flashes the previously viewed menu for half a second (or less) before displaying the correctly landed on new menu (e.g. If I was on Sub Menu 1 navigating back to the Main Menu, just after the transition away from Sub Menu 1 is completed, Sub Menu 1 temporarily flashes on screen again before properly displaying the Main Menu).

It would appear it has something to do with the menus being of the motion variety, as one work around I tried (static menus based on image files) got rid of the glitch but brought up another issue (which I won't go into and hopefully won't have to).

Any insight would be greatly appreciated as the projects deadline is breathing down my neck.

Best Regards,

Justin

Edit: After testing some more, I should mention it seems to be completely random. Sometimes it glitches, sometimes it doesn't.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]