Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE ENCORE DVD:HomeForumTutorialsDVD Authoring

further clarification of my confusion...

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jefffurther clarification of my confusion...
by on Jun 27, 2005 at 4:22:36 pm

I made a video opening/menu. The first 30 seconds is a one-time play, then I have the menu come up on the same video. The buttons appear on the menu 30 seconds in (in the video I created).

Now, I want to add functionality to those buttons, and I don't know how. I assume I can outline where each button is on the page and make them links to features in the DVD. I set the loop point for where the buttons appear, and it loops correctly back to that point.

But:

1) How do I get those buttons to be active? I need to somehow map out where they are on the screen and what they link to, so that when it hits the loop point, they'll work. I can't see the buttons in the menu editor, only the first frame of the video which doesn't have any buttons in it. (I can create the button position in photoshop -- is this what I do? And if so, what do I create since the text and click area in in my video, and hence I don't need to add any text if I create it in photoshop?)

2) How do I make it so that when someone completes viewing a selection, it comes back to the loop point of my firstplay menu, and not to show the first 30 seconds again? Is this clear what I'm asking here? The firstplay menu isn't a timeline, I've put the video into the menu, so I don't know how I would set a Chapter marker to say "play from Chapter 2" in order to not replay the first 30 seconds each time. Is this possible? Or do I need to make my main menu separate and not have the first 30 second piece on the same video?

This program looks like it has a lot of promise, but I'm having trouble with the Help section, can't find clear answers to what I'm seeking.

Thanks.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]