Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY CINEALTA:Sony CineAlta HD ForumHDV Format ForumSony CineAlta HD Articles

Focus problems with new EX1R

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Kelli SmithFocus problems with new EX1R
by on Jun 15, 2012 at 4:41:07 am

Our shop just bought a new EX1R. We've used it on 4 shoots so far. Our camerapeople seem to be having a real problem focusing. Maybe we shouldn't have gotten a camera with this short of depth of field, as we film in all sorts of scenarios (mostly corporate). When we are filming seminars with a dude next to a Powerpoint screen, some of the footage is coming back quite soft. Camera op swears he saw peaking on the LCD. Maybe the depth of field from the back of the room is problematic? Have tried full manual mode (mostly in focus, some b-roll is soft), manual focus with asking the camera to help by using "push auto" (this was horrible). All of these shoots so far have been pretty "normal", not run and gun. I shudder to think what that footage would look like, as any of the auto focus and MF assist settings seem to be not at all an option. I know there is a learning curve, and we have Doug Jensen's DVD and field guide. Just hoping for some guidance, as so far the footage is not where we need it to be. I know this is a rambling post, just frustrated as the post production person. Previous cameras were Z1Us. Love the tapeless workflow!

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]