Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY CINEALTA:Sony CineAlta HD ForumHDV Format ForumSony CineAlta HD Articles

What Camera Stabiliser to use ?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Lorcan MulliganWhat Camera Stabiliser to use ?
by on Apr 22, 2012 at 8:19:43 pm

Hi guys, looking for advice on what camera stabiliser to use ? I have an EX1 camera and I am looking at using a Glidecam 4000 or CMR Blackbird, we would be using these in weddings or videos for bands. I see the blackbird has no available vest which is a disadvantage, but I have seen other criticisms on the net such '' it has it's own custom mounting plate, which forces you to constantly switch plates depending on what movement the Bride or Groom do'' Can somebody please clarify what this criticism means ?

As regards the Gildecam I see one criticism on the net, that says it has no Quick Release Mount, but can somebody clarify this please.

I was wondering also is it easy to switch a camera that is on one of the above stabilizers back to tripod ? Plus if you move the camera off the tripod and back on to the stabiliser, does it take much time to setup and balance the camera on the above stabilisers?

Any feedback much appreciated. If there is cons or pros I overlooked please mention them.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
+1
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]