Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY CINEALTA:Sony CineAlta HD ForumHDV Format ForumSony CineAlta HD Articles

Re: Why is colored stage lighting creating blotches of color on my PMW-EX1? Is it like color-overexposure or something?

COW Forums : Decks & VTRs

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

James SapioneRe: Why is colored stage lighting creating blotches of color on my PMW-EX1? Is it like color-overexposure or something?
by on Jan 4, 2012 at 3:04:52 pm

Ive seen this many times (Less using a old beta camera) Definitely the lighting. Its almost like a black light effect. Purple is the worst.

Depending on the camera (Ex1/3, Panasonic...etc) turn off your gamma setting...basically making the picture "flat" and boring. This will help alot, but depending on the intensity of light..may not solve the entire thing. So don't expect a miracle. In post, I then tweak the contrast to make the image snap back. You can also remove a bit of the dominate color.

I hate those lights and I don't know if the issue can be resolved no matter what camera you use.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]