Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY CINEALTA:Sony CineAlta HD ForumHDV Format ForumSony CineAlta HD Articles

Re: new to EX format questions

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

David JohnsonRe: new to EX format questions
by on Dec 11, 2011 at 9:05:24 pm

Thanks for the great feedback, Butch. Our circumstances aren't as extreme as shooting news so it's reassuring to know that the format stands up in your scenario.

We use XDcam Browser for our XD-camHD footage, which will still be the large majority, so I'm hoping we can use it for the EX stuff too. To clarify, since Sony didn't see any need to do make things clear, I'm talking about XDcam Browser (the one where they supposedly combined XDcam Transfer and XDcam Clip Browser).

I went with the SxS-1 cards since they're about half the price and, according to Sony, they offer "the same performance and reliability as more expensive SxS Pro cards, the SxS-1 has about one-tenth the lifespan (about 5 years with heavy use)". I'd feel safer replacing any type of memory cards with new ones after about 5 years anyway.

Since I had to rush through the various purchase decisions before I knew about the D-M Accessories shoulder mount, I ended up going with the Nipros shoulder mount (http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/micro-hdvsite/cat-accessories/product-ST7/).

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]